Sunday, February 22, 2009

Attracted my Attention

Have you felt the desire to write about someone whom you have seen just few minutes ago? I have experienced this. In fact I am writing this post because of the same compulsion. Right now I am sitting in train with my laptop open and in front me is sitting the reason of this post. I am on my way back to Hyderabad from Bangalore.

So who is the reason behind this post? He is an ok-looking man in his late 20s with nothing especial to impress anyone. Then why on Earth I am writing about him?? Because I don’t have anything else to do and I am highly bored.

Sometimes, it is real fun to write about someone without him/her having even the slightest idea. And in doing so, you get an amazing sense of amusement. At least I feel so! Like this young man, who has just entered the train has no idea that he is my target for this post.

Let me first describe him. He is one of those ‘self acclaimed Gentlemen of India’. His accent is complementing his over-the top mannerisms and his dressing sense is pathetic. Just imagine someone with fluorescent yellow t-shirt with a skinny jean for a night train journey. And above all he has that ‘I am the best’ kind of attitude.

The moment he entered the train, he made everyone uncomfortable. Even the poor porter who brought the luggage had to listen to his great philosophical talk about how Indians are looting each other. His only mistake was that he asked for money after completing his work. No wonder that he took just 20 rupees for all the work and ran away from our coupe.

Now came the turn of passengers sitting near to him. Unfortunately I am one among them! And guess what, he continued his lecture about the world, its people and their wickedness. I wish I could shut him up.

To ad on to my irritation, the Uncle sitting to my left suddenly gathering the entire energy of this world has started a debate with Mr. Intellectual. And believe me the debate is of no substance. Both are pointing out the same kind observations again and again.

I seriously wonder how people develop such misperceptions about themselves. Don’t they have even a single person who can tell them the reality? This guy especially reminds me of all the fake people I have ever come across. He surpasses all of them.

Anyway, I am going to leave this here. Because the aunty sitting by my side is staring on the laptop screen and unfortunately she is the mother of Mr. Cool-Dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment