Sunday, July 5, 2009

Eating Enthusiasts

Little inappropriate title for a travel story. However, all of you might have noticed, we see them most while travelling, no matter how long or short your journey is.

The typical, almost omnipresent families, with at least two-three kids, one grand ma or dad and few additional uncles and aunts inclusive of co-passengers, with their ‘larger than life’ Tiffin boxes come under this category. I think they travel with their entire kitchen. The variety of food items are numerous and in the quantity almost sufficient to feed entire compartment. From pickle, roasted papad to salt, black pepper, sugar to sweet dishes for desserts, they have all the items you can think of. And fruits, snacks for rest of the journey period.

Everyone don’t travel only to eat, there are some who travel to just buy all the food stuff available during the journey, and to my great surprise, they eat all that!!
I met one of these kinds on my flight to Bangalore from Delhi. The protagonist of my story is the youngest son of a Punjabi family. By the look of him, anyone can understand that eating comes under one of the favourite pass time. What surprised me that it was his only pass time! I first saw me buying something from Pizza Hut’s counter. Totally bored of waiting for the flight announcement, I noticed him a little more than generally required. This guy bought himself one full, I think, medium sized pizza with one plate of garlic bread. Accidently he with his brother and mother boarded the same flight. So my tracking of him lasted till I reached Bangalore.

So what he did during the journey? After finishing all his stuff, he bought all the things available on the flight. From sandwiches to coke to chips, he ate almost everything within just two hours. The quantity may not look exceptional to some of you. But considering his age, which can not be more than 9-10 years, his capacity seemed divine. I was so impressed by his unique quality that I even thought of suggesting her mother to apply for Limca, if not the Guinness Book of Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment