Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Efficiently Inefficient

Oh yes…I am as inefficient as one can be. Oh no no… generally i am very talented and proficient…believe me! But when it comes to handling things like home or household stuff…no one can beat me in the level of inefficiency I tend to exhibit.

After getting used to my life in hostels and PGs, I have been just conditioned to get my things done without having to worry about stuff like water bill, electricity bill or safety of home. Within these 10 days of my stay alone at home, I realized how challenged I am.

It is simply DIFFICULT to manage things. So what if you have a maid to clean your house or a cook to prepare your meals? Getting up early (by early I mean 7.30 or 8 in morning) so as to feed my dog or to let the maid come in made me compare myself with all those soldiers who have to be awake and struggle for their and our lives! My apologies if anyone of you thinks that I am trivializing their efforts…But ask me…it was nothing less than going for a fight (fighting for sleep you see!)

Telling my cook what to prepare for dinner was more difficult than deciding the future of India (this is in case-if I ever get a chance to do that). In fact my cook understood my condition and started preparing by himself and also helped in decision making many a times. I can’t tell you how grateful I was to him when he told me that I can prepare this daal or this curry. The only thing which I use to do was boiling milk which was again quite eventful. Every day….yes every single day I have left milk on the gas stove for hours together and went ahead with my chores. And ultimately ended up cleaning the entire kitchen! While preparing tea I would put ginger in Oil instead of water. How on earth can you get confused between boiling water and a pot full of oil?? But yes I used to. I tried washing my clothes and washing machine stopped working!

So yes, I efficiently managed to screw up everything I tried to put my hands on!

9 comments:

  1. truly hillarious

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it actually true ??? or your imagination making up things ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i could not help but comment .. you or truly a genius in this! if you actually did all those :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anonymous: Thanks. Unfortunately I did!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Ha Ha... I Thats why i live in PG. Only need to spend money and get done with.
    Managing these many things is a LOT of trouble!!
    I too am Like you- the closest i have been to cooking is boling chemicals in test tubes :P
    I am worried. How on earth people like us are going to manage later stages of our lives :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Fatte: Exactly..I guess we should just live in PG for the rest of our lives !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. started laughing from beginning. but your ginger tea is so good that i cant believe you screwed up boiling milk. hilarious though :)

    ReplyDelete