Friday, August 12, 2011

First Proposal…When was it?

A very important question. Isn’t it? Recently I discussed this at length with one of my friends (Yes we girls do discuss all these along with many other interesting topics!)

So how was your first proposal? Did you propose or you got proposed? Did you say yes or did you no? Did you smile or did you frown (which eventually leads to slapping or screaming!)? There are lots of questions. Let me tell you what I did. I grabbed my school bag and ran towards home (literally)! This is one of the few memories of my childhood I remember so clearly.

So here it goes. After my classes, I was coming back to home. As my school wasn’t very far from my house, I used to walk back, mostly alone. I used to take a narrow road from school back gate which directly joined my house. I was coming back when suddenly a tiny boy (of my size then) stopped me. Yes this guy was tiny so was I. Reason? We were in 3rd standard.

He came in front of the gate and stood there. I used to be scared of this fellow because of the scarf he used to tie on his head and was always shabbily dressed. I guess poor dressing sense used to piss me off me even then! So he stood in front of me and said in his Arunchali hindi- “hum tumara saath shaadi korage. Tum mandir aao de”

That’s it. He didn’t say anything else. I was horrified when I heard this. I almost cried because he asked me to marry him! But without losing much on time, I gathered all my strength and ran. After reaching home, I told my eldest sister who was in 8th or 9th standard. The moment I told her, she started laughing, in fact everyone at home did. I was utterly confused. Instead of consoling me (which at that time I needed the most) she started suggesting me various solutions. She even asked me to call that guy home and ask him to consult my Dad regarding marriage!

And that was the first ever proposal I got, a marriage proposal even before I could understand meaning of the word marriage!

14 comments:

  1. First remains in mind forever.. no matter how far you have come.. Good one Richa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Himanshu: Yes they do:) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha ! "hum tumara saath shaadi korage. Tum mandir aao de”

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet...His hindi was very bad..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ The Meditating Lion: thats the kind of hindi we speak in Arunachal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Saru Singhal: Yeah.. Arunchali hindi is a different language all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey did it really happen :).. tumko uska saath shadi karne ka tha na... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really interesting .. cool haan so getting proposals from 3rd grade :) you r lucky dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Prachi: Hum jaantha tha tum ye bolega ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hell. 3rd Grade? wtf!!
    Now I get confirmed that i am the most hopeless in this matter- people are proposing in 3rd standard and I proposed for the first time in second year and that too resulted in brutal sabotage of my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Fatte: ha ha..you gotta improve...you need to learn from these small kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. my question is: Where is that guy now....and what he is doing....did u guys get chance to laugh together on this incident?

    ReplyDelete