Thursday, August 4, 2011

From Salman critic to Salman fan

Yes, there was a time when I couldn’t stand even the sight of Salman Khan, forget about watching an entire movie. From a fan of perfection to someone who finds imperfection more attractive. The change in me has made me admire Salman Khan more and more.

It is not that now I love his movies for each and every part. They are still as stupid as they can be.( All you Salman lovers…don’t take it personally!) My interest in his movies is quite recent. I liked him in Dabbang and yes then in Ready and now I guess I will go for Bodyguard as well. And yes, let me tell you, I have been quite impressed by the strange mannerism of his characters, dialogues, songs of the movies and especially their lyrics!!

The sheer irrationality of his movies is the most attractive part. His movies in some ways are more realistic than any other movie which projects the lead actor as the “virtuous one”. No person in this world is perfect or without any vices, Salman in his movies projects this in the best way possible. Isn’t the so called “hero” just another human being? So why can’t he lack in few aspects but at the same time have some qualities worth admiring. His movies imply that it is perfection but imperfection which is more real and natural. We all are imperfect; we all lack in some or other way. And I guess that’s the reason why we are human. Salman Khan projects a picture of imperfection which attracts me more than a hero who kills all the “bad” ones in the world or who will give his life by using “righteous” methods and save his love!

But above all why I like his movies is also because of the reason that I don’t have to use my brain at all. You can just put your brain, your logic to rest and enjoy his movies. They are impractical, they are strange, they are meaningless but they are fun :)

10 comments:

  1. I wasnt a salman fan too , but i liked him in Dabangg. Now that I read this, I wanna go and watch READY :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ the Meditating Lion: :) watch it..if nothing else..some scenes will definitely make you laugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. No false pretensions of being humble/sober. His movies are at your face.
    i'm not a big fan though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ true.. but his few movies like. Wanted show his versatility as an actor

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes.. His other movies like NO ENTRY etc.. are fun to wtah too.. Combination of Salman and Anil Kapoor.. surely makes sparks fly

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Fatte: yeah thats correct..i wasn't a fan but yes I have liked his recent movies

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Anonymous: i haven't seen wanted...I guess I should watch it :)

    ReplyDelete