Tuesday, August 30, 2011

So what's your song?

Listening to Pink Floyd’s ‘coming back to life’ always get me in an optimistic frame of mind. We all have a song or few songs that make us happy and get us back on track. Isn’t it? There are some songs that touch your heart more than any other. I am sure you all must be having your own list of songs. A song, to which you can identify with, may be in your own different ways. One song that you can listen for hours and still feels the same way when you play it again.

No matter what I am doing or what I am going through, the moment I plug in to this song, I am in world beaming with positivity and a soothing environment is built around me.

Right now while listening to this particular track of Pink Floyd, I realized how often I listen to this song. Be it morning when I wake up or in a bus or auto when I am traveling or at a super market buying groceries and doing the most boring of all the things!, I can just listen to this song at any time of the day. I have an utterly irritating work assignment to finish, I listen to this song. I feel irritated and need to calm down, l play ‘coming back to life’. I feel low; this song makes me feel good. I feel caught up; this song makes me feel liberated.

Not a fan of one or two artists, I listen to anything and everything. Its not long since I have been listening to this song. Recently I got few lessons on Pink Floyd and yes getting this song was a part of it! And since then it has been one of my favorite songs.

3 comments:

  1. You are right we all have a list! But My list keeps changing too.. Currently its Tushme Rab Dikhta hai !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, True it is! Some songs change your mood in seconds!!
    The song for me is "Main zindagi ka sath nibhata chala gaya..." sung by Rafi saab
    and also, "hathon ki chand lakeeron ka..." by Suresh Wadekar.

    Uplifting songs both- filled with optimism :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Prachi: tat song has been on your list for quite some time now ;)

    @ fatte: Oh even I love "Main zindagi ka sath nibhata chala gaya"..amazing song :)

    ReplyDelete