Thursday, November 17, 2011

Can I adopt your grandparents…please?

This time while going to Agra from Hyderabad, all throughout my journey I met uncle and aunties. No handsome dude…no free services of carrying your luggage or getting you tea/ coffee from the station, no treat for eyes, no nothing. Sad huh! Na...not at all. In fact with them it was a different experiences a much better one. Though during the entire journey my work was to open door for uncles, and especially aunties (note-aunties tend to get fatter when compared to Uncle as they grow old. And now thats scary!!), I had some good time receiving their genuine thanks. My journey started with exchanging seat with one of the aunties who had problem walking and thus wanted the lower berth. So I happily exchanged and in return I got yummy snacks to munch on. Some even called me “beta” with so much of lover that I felt like adopting them then and there. Yes, yes you heard it right...I felt like ADOPTING them. Wonder why? Hmm…I have not been very lucky in the area of grandparents. So when it comes to them, I go weak at my knees go all weak. Hmm…so now you know what impresses me…just get your grandparents with you and I am all yours :P

But really..I feel there should be an option for adopting people to serve other relations as well other than just kids! What if I am interested in adoption and not in kids?? I need something right!

12 comments:

  1. Thats so sweet of you. But you know these days I am getting thanks from uncles and aunties in NY and some for my eyes too.;)

    A very thoughtful post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! I miss my grandma so much. You bet, grandparents are so loving and I though haven't had an opportunity to meet great people in train journey but I have heard so many stories :)

    Bless.

    Appeal for Irfan

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Saru Singhal: Thanks Saru :) I wonder what uncles and aunties in NY upto ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ The Blunt Blogger: Ah...how I wish I had some stories with my gran parents to to tell...

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) Quite a pleasant read this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. :)once again a good one!
    actually quite a thought!! adopting grand parents I guess would be good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you really need an official stamp for expressing love towards someone? No, right? You can 'adopt' anyone you want to, as long as you have the heart for it, my dear. :) There are many old-age homes filled with neglected elderly people. Just go there and spend some time with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Prachi: Thanks dear :) it will be .I am sure :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Spaceman Spiff: Right...I can actually adopt anyone..the only problem is that they also needs to be ready for adoption!Old-age home is a good idea..to be frank many times I have actually thought of going there but because of language barrier I decided to not go

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting old age homes is a great idea and no, you can still bond without words. Old people are like children that way. They respond to love and care. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Zephyr: Thanks a lot for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete