Monday, November 28, 2011

So what happens when you have a dog?

When you own a dog or when a dog owns you (which ever suits you better) more than being controlled by your dog or being his/her “pet”, it starts affecting you mentally as well. No no…we don’t start eating Pedigree…and in our case Royal Canin. (Thank God for that!) But this doesn't mean that crisp sound of Pedigree is any less tempting! But don’t you worry I am NOT going to eat pedigree no matter what!

So where was I? Yes how it affects us, the so called “dog owners” (dog owners! Ha!)? Our lives start revolving around our pet. No? Let me give you a glimpse of my daily routine which goes like this…

First thing first- I get up in morning and come down to hall where Oreo(Don’t know Oreo? Please refer!) is generally lying on the sofa. He will look at me and turn in way so as command me to come and massage him. And I dutifully follow his command. So even before my morning ablutions, the first thing that I do is to massage my lovable Dog Oreo!

And then after a short break in which I am supposed to finish eating and other important “stuff”, when I come back to the hall, I am again required to play with him. Oh that doesn't mean simple fetching and throwing of ball. This includes real play…with hell lot of energy. My Oreo loves to play tug of war with me. And yes, there are times when I go and fetch the toy and he just sits and looks at me (Literally!)

After all this hard work, when I go to back my room so as to work, this handsome guy decides to visit me once in every one or two hour. He will come and sit next to me. Or just put his head on the side my lap and sleeps off. This when I already have laptop on my lap!

Then I out of habit or sheer loyalty, I leave my work and starts massaging him! Not just once or twice but EVERY SINGLE TIME!Later in evening, my work is to go to terrace and play with him or to simply put my work is to run with him.

This is not the only attention this guy or yeah "dog" gets. In between all this, my brother plays with him before going to office and after coming back. Along with this, whoever is in our house has to play with him for some time at least (this has kind of become a protocol for entering our house!) Right now my sister has come down from Mumbai. And yes her major task is to play with him as much as she can. Apart from all this, in afternoon, our dog walker also comes and takes Oreo for walk. Oh yeah, he also has auto wala who actually came yesterday and took him for a ride because Oreo loves to autos more than cars! And his list of luxuries doesn't end here. He has his toys couriered directly from California because in Bangalore we don‘t get really nice dog toys you see!

Hmm…how I wish I was Oreo. Okay where was I initially? What happens when you have Dog? Hmm this happens…you plan to write about yourself but you end up writing only and only about your Dog’s life. I started with how my day with him generally goes and I ended up telling you all how Oreo spend his day!

20 comments:

  1. the best !!!

    I could not start laughing since i started.. reading the post!! simply great!!

    and yeah its not easier to be Oreo!! hard work for the chap.. to actually earn all the attention :)

    Loved the writeup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish I could be Oreo in my next birth considering the amount of love and attention he's getting, he definitely seems to be leading a blessed existence.

    Loved reading this post and some of your other posts as well. My first time here and I will be haunting your blog hereon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Atrocious Scribblings: thanks a lot for dropping by and yes welcome to my space of blogging..

    Even i wish i was Oreo!..In fact I feel so deprived when its comes to pampering and luxury he gets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dog gets his toys from California! I wish I could be Oreo for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I have known people who love their dog to death....I think I am a cat person, though I don't have any pet, but I may like to have a dog and cat at home and see what do they do :D

    Oreo is one lucky fella...and I do connect to the feeling when you wish to be Oreo :) Happens when you love someone so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! Hilarious. But I am sure you have no complaints!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Purba: Yeah my sis is there..so she keep sending toys for him..the kind we don't get here in Bangalore..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ TheBluntBloggger: ah..you should have at least one..its good to have a pet..and you just end up loving them so much..

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Kunal: yeah..no problem..in fact I love when he makes us do all these stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome read. Sometimes I wonder if am the master or my dog is my master. But, anything for the 4 legged love of my life:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Pooja Sridhar: thanks :) i can totally understand your feelings for the four legged ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha ha... The Dude Does own you. In a literal sense!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that was an awesomely cute post!! but where are you now? it's been a while here, i see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you kidding me? At first, I read this post because I'm a dog-lover as well and own a dog, but then as I began reading "Oreo" struck the chords. I mean it was a shear coincidental pull, that I arrive at your blog, read the first post, and find your dog's name also as Oreo.

    P.S: I'm sure you would have got it by now that my dog's name is also Oreo. :P
    And the funny part is, I too blog about my dog :p -
    http://akriti91.wordpress.com/2011/07/22/my-only-friend/

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Akriti91: Hey that is interesting to say the least :) after all Oreo makes for a wonderful name and amazing pet..isn't it ;)

    ReplyDelete