Monday, December 17, 2012

The year that went by


Today on Facebook I saw few friends sharing how their 2012 was. It made me look back at my year too. To say the least, it was EVENTFUL. Never ever I will forget this year.

Image Courtesy: Google Images
“Change is inevitable”. I know it’s a cliche but it does describe my 2012 perfectly. The year started with surprises and is still surprising (yeah some were not so delightful!) I had few worst moments of my life as well as the best ones. Made some new friends, got in touch with some old besties who stood by my side and showed what really friends are for. Thanks to them for being in my life. And looks like few made an entry in my life for the sole purpose of filling it with love and happiness.  Thanks to them (yes)again!

Although I rarely admit but I am basically an (very) emotional person whose life around her folks and friends. And off course around cheese burst pizzas, the restaurant Little Italy, movies and BAGS and a dream of publishing my book (little too much in future, we shall talk about it soon).

 So where I was? Yes my people (no I don’t head a kingdom, I just like calling them “MY” people) and my life. This year was mostly pleasant. My brother, after his years of dream, finally launched his designing firm Devant Design.  My brother in law got his seat into CMC Vellore and is now turning his dream of becoming the best neurosurgeon of the country into a reality. My Dad retired after his 30 years of services and is now back to comfort and life of LOTS of pooja and reading which he always wanted to do! My mother made it to a few places she always wanted to visit. And yes, I had some worth cherishing moments with my sisters which let me tell you are quite “special”.

Coming back to me, two companies (working for one from the scratch) , a LOT of drama, and two wonderful trips is what my 2012 was all about. And yes it was during this year when I gathered enough confidence to publish my poems on this blog (at last). :)  It was indeed a roller coaster ride. My experiences, both professional and personal, taught me how blind trust is nothing but lethal. And fortunately/unfortunately I had not just one but many eye openers. However, the moment I started losing, things got better. So I guess trusting too much is not a bad thing after all. Isn't it? It just took a little longer for the rays to clear those dark clouds up there. But believe me it does get clearer and definitely better.

And now that the world is not going end, I am looking forward to 2013. The year, as I can see it, is full of challenges.  But I guess I am ready…so let them come…Welcome 2013! J

16 comments:

  1. Lovely and truly awesome!! loved it felt that 2012 was not that bad after all :) you once again made me feel good..(the mom part was awesome never thought from that perspective) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true Richa. Looks like a lot of us go through similar experiences. It was a beautiful read. Keep writing..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES...I READ IT and its Awesome!!I completely agree to the fact that your life is ever eventful and i somehow get to be part of it and i value that! Keep writing dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nilesh: Thanks a bhaiya. I am glad to know you too read my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Prachi: yes my dear..the year wasn't that bad..and talking about Mom there are few more better things which I will tell over phone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sirius: Thanks for stopping by..yeah we all face the similar problems..and fight it out right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Monica T: Now you reading my blog makes this year even more memorable :P Thanks you thank you! This is bigger than you being there for me (because that nay way you will be there I am sure! )

    ReplyDelete
  8. its an awesome write up...!!
    keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Charu: Thanks a lot behan :)
    @Mohit Pachauri: Thans Bhai! :)
    @Shyam bp: he he..thank you bahiya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are nearing the mid 2014, but better late than never :-) :-P, have a fun filled year! You never wrote about what you want to do - you wrote about what your family were doing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha..thanks! hoping you are also having a great year..! :)

      I did write about myself in the end..have a look! :P

      Delete