Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mallu Mallu Everywhere!


Before you sue me or start searching for all kinds of swear words, let me clarify that the above written words are with nothing but GENUINELY GOOD intentions and are referring to the Malayalis in my life and my LOVE for the Kovalam Beach and yes its IFFK.

My very first roommate, a Malayali, is getting married in less than two months from now which reminded me of the state and my connection to it. So now you know why you are reading this particular post.

One of my best (Malayali) friends, an adorable muddle of worries and mind blowing humor, is also getting married and shifting her base outside India this year.  Another sweet acquaintance, an ex-colleague of mine, just had a super cute baby.  And yes one more reason - I am shifting to Bangalore where I am looking forward to meeting one of my best friends, a beautiful mysterious lady. And there are some more as well, including the uncle at the grocery shop near my house.

My love for Pink Floyd, my enhanced dream of travelling, my IFFK trip, worth remembering moments at Kovalam beach, stimulating discussions, a few unforgettable hostel days, endless blabbering on random topics and unlimited visit to Kairili restaurant (although which did irritated me after a point) are all because of these people in my life.

Now coming to the state, I have not been to any other place but Trivandrum. Both my trips were to Trivandrum. Even in Trivandrum, although there are places like Padmanabhapuram Palace, Koyikkal Palace, Varkala and the Napier Museum to visit, all my days were spent only at the Kovalam Beach because it is AWESOME. Golden stretch of shimmering sand combined with beautifully placed rocks, blue waters and the breath taking view from the Light House. You just can’t have enough of this beach. Beach-side restaurants with open terrace and cafes with the complete view of the beach make it even better. Not just me, this beach made my camera also quite happy. I clicked way too many pictures at Kovalam when my friend was busy shopping. Here is one of my clicks.



Another aspect of Trivandrum which I love is the IFFK (International Film Festival of Kerala). A wide range of critically acclaimed movies from around the world and an opportunity to interact with their directors and to be a part of their analysis is an experience worth experiencing. It is undoubtedly the best international film festival in India. Unfortunately I have been to IFFK just once. Hopefully I will attend many more in the years to come. J


11 comments:

  1. Nice place and very well narrated :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say your агticle is aѕ aѕtounding. Тhe clearnеss on your put up is just great and i can ѕuppose you are a profеssional on this subjeсt. Fine with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep up to date with coming near near post. Τhanks а million and please сarгу on the enjoyablе work.
    Feel free to surf my site cshortcut.blogspot.com
    for download free windows 8,serial keys and its activator go here http://cshortcut.blogspot.in/2013/01/windows-8-activator-v10-final.html
    thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well told :) liked it :)


    http://www.saurabhchawla.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. as a person being from trivandrum i agree to the post , hands down :) nice write up :) keep visiting the beach . . its the best here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jahid: Thanks a lot for the appreciation..
    yes..it is a nice place indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ ashok royal: thanks a lot for visiting..keep coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Saurabh Chawla: thanks a lot..hope to you see you here again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Maliny: great ya..such a beautiful place you belong to..thanks a lot..and yes I intend to visit Kovalam again and again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice write-up...Kerala, according to me, except the food, everything else is awesome. I have gone to Munnar and Trivandram. Do visit Munnar---nature is at its best here.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Akash Govindarajan: thanks Akash for stopping by...ya my friends have also spoken a lot about Munnar..gotta visit someday :)

    ReplyDelete