Friday, January 22, 2016

Moment of my angst

It has been almost a year since I wrote anything for this blog...

Nothing much has changed even today except realization of the society we live in; our opportunistic society that tries to encash even a death. A student, a scholar, from the University (UOH) I studied has lost his life in his fight for equality.

Where is the freedom to live and express the way we want to? How can we torture a soul to an extent that he ends his life? How can we let political parties, who never cared, to sing their song on someone's tragedy? These are just a few questions that have been haunting me since the day I heard about it. 

As already much has been said and is being done, I have nothing more to add but these few lines for the person whose eternal silence is deafening enough... 


I was silent. 
I will be silent..

But there will come a moment..
The moment of my empowerment..
of my angst,
to take away the might in you...
That moment of my justice. 

Like a tide I will rise
to engulf you..
To leave you dis-empowered...
Like a tide I will wait for my moon
to rise and take you in...

And then I will be silent again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment